There’s nothing sexier than the contrast of sun-kissed skin against the vibrant fashions that are in for summer. Unfortunately, the sun can be damaging to the skin and can cause premature aging and cancer. Here are easy ways to keep the glow the rest of the summer without hitting the beach or the tanning bed:
1. Exfoliate – Exfoliation is a great way to give a glow to the skin, get rid of dry skin to reveal bright, healthy skin underneath. A few great body scrubs to try are LaROCCA Cellular Gold Revitalizing Sugar Polish and 100% Pure Body Scrub. 100% Pure Body Scrubs contain no synthetic chemicals, no artificial fragrances, no preservatives, no alcohol or any other toxins, come in a variety of scents, and chocked full of fruits acids to health slough away dry skin. LaROCCA uses fruit extracts, raw sugar, and purple corn to buff away the dull skin and bring out the glow. And it doesn’t hurt that they both smell delicious! Use a scrub 2-3 times a week to keep the skin clean soft and smooth. It helps your self-tan or faux tan products to go on more evenly and last longer!
2. Moisturize – There are great products on the market now that will not only add moisturize to your skin, but enhance your glow. Caudalie Divine Oil contains four natural oils—grape oil, extra-virgin argan oil, extra-virgin hibiscus oil, and sesame oil, and will add a healthy sheen to the skin. LORAC Island Tantalizer® Creamy Body Oil hydrates, protects and adds a touch of bronzy sheen. Vitamins A, C, E, coconut and jojoba oil, along with an irresistible coconut vanilla fragrance makes this a must have. In the evening, Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion is a toning body moisturizer that helps to purify, moisturize, and revitalize dry, aged, or wrinkled skin. Bliss Naked Body Butter restores moisture to even the most rough and scaly skin and protects skin against free radicals. It softens and hydrates skin without feeling greasy. Properly moisturized skin will keep your skin looking youthful and prevent your tan from being blotchy.
3. Tanning – Pretend Tan Bronzing Mousse looks good on all skin types and gives you a bit of color while you waiting for DHA to work. It is odorless, paraben free, doesn’t streak and dries quickly. Pretend Tan comes with a mitt, so you don’t have to worry about having gloves around to apply it. La Mer ‘The Face & Body Gradual Tan’ Lotion combines the benefits of Crème De La Mer with a self-tanner that is for the face and body. You will need to have a pair of gloves to apply so you don’t end up with discolored palms, but the results are worth it. A beautiful, natural looking tan with no orange! The La Mer can also be used to maintain an existing tan by applying the product every few days.
4. Faux Glow – If you need a little help in the color department and want instant gratification, Juicy Couture Liquid Bronze Body Bronzer gives believable color and sexy sheen; or try LORAC Tantalizer Body Bronzing Luminizer. Comes in two great believable shades, fast drying and transfer-resistant!
5. Fixing Self-Tanner Blunders – If you do encounter a bit of blotchiness, using a scrub, lemon or witch hazel over the blotchy area with help to even out any streaking. If you have an orange self-tanner mishap, soaking in baking soda for an hour will and use a scrub will erase this mishap.